Social Icons

Sebastian Stan Was Trying to Join James Gunn’s DCU Before The Batman Part II Casting

Sebastian Stan Was Trying to Join James Gunn’s DCU Before The Batman Part II Casting
Photo Credit: Showtime Networks

Sebastian Stan was keen to be in James Gunn‘s DCU before being part of The Batman Part II. The Hollywood star, who is widely known for his MCU role as Bucky Barnes, recently revealed this surprising news.

In an interaction with Josh Horowitz on the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Stan revealed that he was looking to join the DCU before even talking to Matt Reeves about The Batman Part II. “Matt [Reeves] had seen The Apprentice and really liked the film and my work in that.”

“And then that inspired a conversation…Subsequently, around the same time, I was kind of poking the bear a bit over there with James Gunn, going, ‘I think we should figure something out.’ I’ve just gotten more active about manifesting your own [opportunities].” Instead of the DCU, Stan eventually became part of Reeves’ Batman universe.

Stan’s DCU ambitions eventually led to a very different role in The Batman: Part II

Sebastian Stan also talked about his undisclosed role in The Batman Part II. Without sharing any crucial details on his character, the actor mentioned that it’s very different than what he’s done in the past. “This is definitely, for me, feeling like something very different than I’ve gotten to do. And that’s what I love, and I’m excited about.”

He also called it “a very ambitious thing” while hoping that “it lands right. I have a lot of faith in it because I do feel like Matt is truly like a genius of our time and one of the very few people that I think is so unique and so specific and has been at this for three years.”

As for his character in the film’s plot, Stan was previously expected to play Harvey Dent/Two-Face. Later, however, his bald look sparked theories of him being Victor Zsasz, an iconic Batman villain from DC Comics.

The Batman Part II hits theaters on February 18, 2028. Its ensemble will feature Robert Pattinson, reprising his role as Bruce Wayne, alongside Andy Serkis, Scarlett Johansson, Jeffrey Wright, and more.


Originally reported on SuperHeroHype.com.

The post Sebastian Stan Was Trying to Join James Gunn’s DCU Before The Batman Part II Casting appeared first on ComingSoon.net - Movie Trailers, TV & Streaming News, and More.



from ComingSoon.net – Movie Trailers, TV & Streaming News, and More https://ift.tt/P7RogYb

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time Hits

Brothers (2) Coverage (4) Development (1) Explore (2) Legacy (1) Liability (2) Mortgage (1) Myths (1) Policy (4) School (3) Young (3) action (1) attitude (2) healthy (4)

Backlinks

 

Hot Celebrity

Beauty Tips

Fashion