Social Icons

Star Trek Into Darkness (Music From the Motion Picture) - Michael Giacchino

by ItsJohnBurns Followed by his already astounding Star Trek (2009) score, Giacchino manages to add an impressive mix of subtlety and intensity into previous themes, while adding new and doubly notable songs, which—by themselves—are so memorable that they could be the main themes for entirely different series. Five stars all the way.

I can't wait to see Into Darkness in three days!

by Saint Logos I'm a fan of this series of films. I'd never deny that. The film scores don't stand out much and use a pretty generic style and blend of instruments. I just don't find anything in here that memorable. Some others did, so maybe I'm just missing something. Anyway, the overall quality never declines anywhere, and the use of opera chanting(which is always a plus) in Kronos wone me over. The London track also had a somewhat more distinctive sound, and the pattering drum beats take focus here and there to create more distinct atmospheres. There's one thing here that has me scared, and that's the bonus track. Will this track be featured in the movie? I have no idea, but it would be very strange if it was. Not that it's "bad", it just doesn't sound like something that belongs in Star Trek.

by SPACESKULL Love Star Trek. Love Michael Giacchino. Have not seen the film yet. The Soundtrack, It's okay, not as great as the first album. It does pull in some of the themes from the first but most of it is okay. Sadly, I wish I had not purchased. I really love a lot of Mr. Giacchino' s work, like Speed Racer, Lost, Star Trek, but this album just did not grab me. I could listen to the first album over and over. Such great tunes. I will re-listen but I'm not looking forward to it. Also, the last song (future dance club music ) seems out of place with the rest.
Star Trek into Numbness.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Time Hits

action (1) attitude (2) Brothers (2) Coverage (4) Development (1) Explore (2) healthy (4) Legacy (1) Liability (2) Mortgage (1) Myths (1) Policy (4) School (3) Young (3)

Backlinks

 

Hot Celebrity

Beauty Tips

Fashion